Repackaging Fig Forth as an Option ROM is an ongoing task...
I have ported the code to as8085 assembler/linker. Unfortunately I am having a problem with the .s19 file generated by the linker. Other than that, I seem to have a proper Option ROM. I based the Option ROM code of of ROMHD.ASM from http://club100.org
What I still need to do is make sure that it is using RAM memory as its user dictionary and for all state variables.
The biggest task left is making sure that all calls to the main ROM go through the far call code. This switches from OptROM to Main ROM, makes call, and gets back to OptROM. This has to be really slow... to keep things snappy I'd like to use Steve Adolph's fast text scroll routines and embed it along with enough of the text generator to get along, so I don't jump to main ROM for every character printed. Plus screen scroll should actually be faster than a regular Model 100/102!
I would like to keep one Fig Forth source code file. That means I need some macro that I can control that decides to either do a far call to the main rom or a regular call, and assembles the right thing automatically. EP3, "the Extensible Perl Preprocessor" looks promising since Perl is my string processing hammer of choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm about to head into option rom land to make a map to map file copy routine for remem utilities. It would seem to me that there are 2 classes of rom routines - those that work with an option rom call and those that do not....what's your take?
John,
How did the integration of fast scroll work out?
..Steve
Post a Comment