Trace information...
XML or YAML would be good so it's easy to parse.
If I could just get a running trace of:
- address of instruction
- length
- instruction bytes
- register deltas of value changes
- memory address and new/old value if a memory store operation is performed
- state of option rom (selected or not)
that would be perfect. I could use this as input to my disassembler.
For a command line version, it would be nice to be able to supply a .CO file, a main ROM, an option ROM, and maybe some .DO files that get loaded to memory. The .CO file would run. The Stdout would be the characters as written to the screen, or if an option were given, the contents of a .DO file dumped from RAM file system, or the serial I/O.
Oh, and it would be good to be able to limit tracing to a fixed range of code. So, if PC is in the range, then generate instruction trace. So, this would imply a command line option for this.

1 comment:
Good post.
Post a Comment